What's the tastiest way to make spinach unhealthy? How about flash-frying it and adding bacon?
Here's a list of the five food trucks scheduled to stop at Trabuco Hills High on Wednesday, Oct. 30 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.:
- Bacon Mania: Food like chili mac (with bacon), flash-fried spinach (with bacon) and something called The Rico, a half-lb. all-beef hot dog covered in caramelized onions, grilled jalapenos, and spicy chipayo sauce (and bacon).
- A Bite Truck: Fushion dishes like bison chili, ragout of lamb and Modelo-steamed mussels characterize this Orange County-based food truck.
- Calbi BBQ: A Mexican food/Korean BBQ mashup in the Kogi style. Look for short rib tacos, kimchi quesadillas and tofu burritos.
- Piaggio on Wheels: What Argentinian food truck would be complete without empanadas and meats smothered in chimichurri sauce (and chimichurri fries)? The Argentine sausage sandwich is made with wine, garlic and nutmeg. Vegetarian options available too.
- Papa Dad's: Wings, dings, burgers 'n things. Oh, and some pretty amazing-looking sausage hot dogs.