You told us, and we listened. Patch has chosen the best answers to the question, "What do you want on your burger?"
Orange County is a place that loves hamburgers. From In-N-Out to Original Tommy's to Fatburger, our county hosts about every burger place imaginable. Add to the fray Smashburger, a burger joint with quality food that wants to win lots of new O.C. diners.
So Patch wanted to know—what crazy burger toppings make your stomach rumble? Here are the winning responses from readers:
- "Red Onion, Peppericinos, Sliced Tomatoes, Bleu Cheese, Ground Turkey on a Gluten Free Bun" David Herman Johnson
- "Roasted corn & black bean salsa burger" Rania McInnes
- "Pepper jack cheese, onions, lettuce, tomato, pineapple, deep fried jalepenos and a fried egg!" Lisa
We had some other great answers and honorable mentions. Here are other toppings suggested by readers:
- "Mozzarella, pepperoni, red onions, tomato, lettuce, dash of basil, mayo!" M.K.
- "Beets, sour cream, and blue cheese!" Lani
- "Beetroot and Pineapple (it's an Aussie thing :)" Nixangels2
- "Truffle fries with black pepper seasoning, sliced red onion, bleu cheese, lettuce, no tomato, veggie patty, whole wheat bun, mustard on the side." Shripathi Kamath
A big thanks to all our contest winners, and to Smashburger for providing the prizes. Check out the whole contest and lots of other fun burger ideas here.