The patio fire may have started after hot ash was placed inside a trash can. Or it may have been a plugged-in utility that started the blaze, Concialdi said.
He reminded residents to keep electrical utilities away from rain, sprinklers and other water sources. And never overload your wall sockets by stacking surge protectors on top of one another, he said.
Hot ash was blamed for another patio fire on Eastbrook earlier this month. Concialdi said to avoid fires, never place anything hot inside a trash can. He said hot ash from fireplaces and ash trays thrown directly into trash cans can cause fires.